Tuesday, July 1, 2014

the missing link...

Bring to me the nights when your voice made my heart race
When the vibration of my phone throughout the night
Was you just wanting to chat because you missed me
And you thought of something that would make me smile
When there wasn’t a day that passed that I didn’t speak with you 
Because the days, they’re flying by, and my heart grows weary
Because the nights, they’re whizzing by, and I’m drifting 

Bring to me the comforting weight of your love on my soul
When the very caress of hands in passing was a fire burning
So bright that I always risked being blinded by it
And yet, I always wanted to take the risk, again and again
Could I feel that fire fill my eyes again?
Because the days, they’re flying by, and my heart grows weak
Because the nights, they’re whizzing by, and I’m falling 

Maybe we were meant to fall together but crash separately
We were never going to defy gravity after all
Because the days, they’re flying by, and my heart is aching
Because the nights, they’re whizzing by, and I’m crashing

Alone, I ponder reasons why I miss you
And wonder if you should be missing
Or if I should be.



-ladydemonawritings (tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment