Thursday, July 3, 2014

as dangerous as a storm...

You can find thunderstorm warnings in the news but
no one can tell you when the next time will be that I’ll explode.
And lately that’s been all the time because I’m more
unpredictable than the weather and wearing rain boots
or a warm coat will do you no good.
The pouring rain may hit you hard but my anger stricken
words will hit you harder and you’ll learn that they carry a touch
of electricity every time they find their way into your ears.
People have always told you to look for shelter when
thunder resonates in your mind and they were right.
Run and run and run until your feet can’t carry you 
anymore and your throat feels like its on fire because you
don’t want the lightning to touch you.
Run and run and run
until you stumble and fall because you don’t want me to touch you.
I am a storm confined to a body but I’ll cause the same
amount of damage as any other and if you’re smart enough
that scares you.

No comments:

Post a Comment