i finch at the slightest touch of
strangers’ hands
and I shiver in 75 degree weather
I have had three hours of sleep
in the past 72 and
everything is starting to blur,
running together like crayola paint
in a rainstorm
And they say I’m getting better but
my scars are just inverted and
healing in reverse
and my veins pump razor blades
through my body slicing me open
from the inside out
I wake up and
at the occasional glances
in the mirror each day,
I see the girl I never wanted to turn into
and the half-moons under my eyes
and I shiver in 75 degree weather
I have had three hours of sleep
in the past 72 and
everything is starting to blur,
running together like crayola paint
in a rainstorm
And they say I’m getting better but
my scars are just inverted and
healing in reverse
and my veins pump razor blades
through my body slicing me open
from the inside out
I wake up and
at the occasional glances
in the mirror each day,
I see the girl I never wanted to turn into
and the half-moons under my eyes
grow more shadowed each day
from the darkness that is accumulating
in my soul and seeping out of my bones
from the darkness that is accumulating
in my soul and seeping out of my bones
like bruises under the skin
No comments:
Post a Comment