Monday, March 17, 2014

self worth...

I make no apologies for the choices that I have made. 
I am only human. 

For the past few months, I have felt like I have been running in circles, getting nowhere.
I had to make a terribly tough decision. 
It was like the more chances I had given, the more respect I had lost. 
I had ignored my standards. I let someone get comfortable with the thought that there was always another chance.
I shouldn't have forgiven as much as i did. 
It should have never been that way in the first place.

I learned to respect myself enough to walk away from something that has been nothing but toxic. I didn't deserve to feel like one of many options. I was the one who chose to remove myself from the equation. I was tired of fighting for the people who only want a part-time position in my life. 

I am the only keeper of my own happiness. Only I control my smile, my worth, and my attitude.
Only me, nobody else.
I am done crossing oceans for people who wouldn't even jump a puddle for me. 
I can no longer feel bad for removing toxic people from my life, even if it hurts.

I am tired. 
I can no longer keep holding on.
I can only put up with bullshit for a certain amount of time, until I give up and walk away.

If I wouldn't have given up, i'd still be doing the same thing. Running in fucking circles. Holding on to something that is not there. I wasn't happy. 

...but i'm right where I belong. 


No comments:

Post a Comment