Your holy hands forget my scripture,
and the crown falls off this love.
There’s nothing I can do to stop it.
A kingdom breaks from
even the smallest griefs.
and the crown falls off this love.
There’s nothing I can do to stop it.
A kingdom breaks from
even the smallest griefs.
Time passes,
and the world does its best to bury
our small forever,
but you’re still the language I dream in.
I miss you more than any
of the history books promised.
and the world does its best to bury
our small forever,
but you’re still the language I dream in.
I miss you more than any
of the history books promised.
I should let you go,
leave you as a face lost
to a train’s closing doors
or a busy signal on the other side of the line
but this ache is almost as loud
as the sound of you answering,
so I keep it.
leave you as a face lost
to a train’s closing doors
or a busy signal on the other side of the line
but this ache is almost as loud
as the sound of you answering,
so I keep it.
I know what this looks like.
Like this love is a rotting corpse,
and I can’t stop reading the autopsy sheet,
but
I wrote a poem without you in it once,
and it was the emptiest room
I’ve ever walked in.
Like this love is a rotting corpse,
and I can’t stop reading the autopsy sheet,
but
I wrote a poem without you in it once,
and it was the emptiest room
I’ve ever walked in.
It was the loudest haunting
I’ve ever heard.
I’ve ever heard.
No comments:
Post a Comment