Monday, March 23, 2015

it rains, it pours...

I want to take all the apologies that were ever said to you and make them mean something. I know you’ve been carrying a storm inside of your chest for so long, when I press my ear against it I can hear the thunder. I don’t know how to calm storms but I would be glad to count the number of seconds between the lightning and thunder with you. I know many words have lost their value to you, and I am searching for new ones to say to take your breath away. I will love you on the days you feel your insides flooding and I will never use an umbrella in your drizzle. I am sorry for all the people who found shelter instead of enjoying your rainfall. Your storm will never scare me away, I will stay no matter how much it pours.

No comments:

Post a Comment